• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Friday, November 30, 2007

Squee!!!!

Rebecca's sweater is nearly done! I went to the knit clinic today and Rebecca (my friend from Ravelry) showed me how to do the buttonholes and tidy up the holes I accidentally created by increasing or decreasing. After that I weaved in all the ends, and when I got home I washed and blocked it. It's drying now, and by morning I think I can sew on the buttons and insert daughter! She's pretty excited, but I bet she's not as excited as her mom!!!! It looks fantastic to me. I'm sure once I have a few sweaters under my belt I'll look at it and cringe, but at this moment it's the most beautiful knit thing I ever created. Now I can finally finish Dan's poor neglected scarf.

In other news, the Christmas packages from my brother and my parents have already arrived, and I haven't even begun shopping for them yet. I'm pathetic. I vow to get my shopping done early next week and have the box in the mail before the week is out. Please hold my feet to the flames over this.

Things are not going well at Ben's school. I don't really have the heart to get into it right now, but it's been a very hard week. It's all related to immature behavior and not academics, so there's that to be thankful for. I'm looking forward to having the benefit of time to look back on this, because it's pretty tough to live through right now. But there are worse things, so I'm trying to be positive.

Plus, it's the weekend, right? That's a good thing. The kids are home and I love them and need to be downstairs with them and appreciating them. They really are wonderful, even when they make life hard.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Comments on "Squee!!!!"

 

post a comment