• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Better!

Ben is feeling much better now. I kept him home an extra day (yesterday) because he hadn't been rid of the fever long enough for me. He just hung out with me and played on the computer. He's so sweet. I was happy to send him back to school today, though, mostly because I had a LOT of holiday shopping to do. I was able to get almost everything I need in one swell foop (heh) at Target and Ulta. I still need gifts for the cousins on my side, but I'll get those tomorrow when I go out for donuts.

We're having our small family Hanukkah celebration tomorrow night. DH gets home from San Diego tonight but not until late. I'm going to put a brisket in the crock pot, then make some latkes. Donuts and gelt for dessert. I hope it's fun for everyone. I used the last of the large sized Hanukkah candles tonight, so I better find a Jewish deli or something tomorrow to restock.

I've decided to make my mother-in-law's Hanukkah gift. I wasn't going to, until I saw THIS. I think it would look so nice under a dressy coat. I'm making it in a mauve-gray type heather yarn. It shouldn't take me long, which is why it appeals to me so much. That and the fact that it looks so nice on the model!

Not much else going on around here except that I finally, FINALLY took poor Seeger for a walk today. DH had been doing a nightly walk pretty regularly, but I was totally slacking off on the morning walks. Now it's simply too cold to get up at 6 am and walk around the neighborhood, so I went out right before lunch. He really needs the exercise and attention. He's a very sweet dog, but he loves to chew and he's a real kitchen counter commando. He'll steal anything I leave too close to the edge. Stinker.

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.

Comments on "Better!"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I love that neck warmer. Makes me wish I lived somewhere cold enough to wear it. Wait a minute....what did I say? I'll think I'll just admire it from afar!!! Glad Ben is better!!

 

Blogger Pam said ... (1:03 PM) : 

That neck thing is way cool!

Oh and I don't think you need to freak out about the whole candle thing. Stacey P from Junkitz has bday candles in her Menorah! http://www.junkitz.com/designers/blogger.cfm?UserName=spanassidi
It's the meaning behind it anyway!

Hope you all have a great Hanukkah Celebration!

What on earth is a latke? Or a gelt for that matter? I do know what a donut is at least! ;)

 

post a comment