• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 03, 2007

Sad boy.

Ben told me on Friday that his ear hurt. It didn't look red or feel hot, and his temperature was normal, so I sent him on to school and he had a fine day. Then last night he woke us up in the middle of the night sobbing that his ear really, really hurt. I got him some Tylenol and sat up with him for a couple of hours, then put him back to bed. Then he came down again and said he was hungry, so I turned him over to his daddy, lol. He was up for several more hours. When I staggered out of bed an hour late at 8:00, he was snoring up a storm. So we left him in bed and called the doc. Sure enough, he has an ear infection...and a pretty nasty one at that. Prescription filled, sick-day toy purchased, chicken soup at Panera, and first dose of amoxycillin taken. Hopefully we'll be on the mend now, especially since Dan left for San Diego today and I've got the kids all to myself.

Of course, now I'm trying to convince myself that Ben's recent school problems stemmed from the fact that he wasn't feeling well. Any excuse, huh? I'm just glad we can get him well again. My kids don't get a lot of ear infections, for which I'm grateful, but when they do it's usually a double infection that causes lots of pain and trouble. Please keep my small little guy in your thoughts today.

Comments on "Sad boy."

 

Blogger Karen said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Cindy, I can relate to that. When my oldest was about 5 he got a really bad ear infection that kept him up crying (and us with him) most of the night. I got up to make breakfast in the morning and he came wandering into the kitchen looking rather happy. His ear had quit hurting, but then I saw a discharge. It had ruptured. Fortunately, it healed just fine and he had no hearing loss. I'm glad your little guy got it treated in time.

 

post a comment