• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quick socks!

I'm pretty excited to report that the 2-at-once socks are nearly done! Granted, I've been ignoring housework to make that happen, but we do have a clean kitchen and clean clothes so I haven't been a complete slug. Here's a photo I took early yesterday, so I've gotten more done since then. I only have about 3 more inches on the feet and they'll be complete. I can't believe that I'll have them both done at one time so Rebecca can put them right on her feet! If I work hard today maybe I can get them finished before she gets home from school. Then I can get back to Ben's cardigan. (Do you like the self-striping yarn she picked?)

100_2314

We're gearing up for DH's big trip: China, Korea, and Singapore. I'm not excited about how long he'll be gone, but I know he'll enjoy traveling to these places. I hope he at least has a little time to sightsee and doesn't have to sit on planes and in meeting rooms the entire time. He's been to Singapore and Korea before, but this will be his first time in China. He says there's a big discount clothing mart right beside his hotel, so maybe he'll bring me back some clothes.

Things are settling down a lot for Ben at school. His teacher spent a weekend a few weeks back drawing up an entirely new curriculum for him. While he's still studying the same subjects as the rest of the class (systems of the body for science and communities for social studies) his assignments are project-oriented and involve a lot of computer research and harder worksheets. His teacher reports that he stays on task almost all the time now, and he tells me he likes school and enjoys the challenge of the new projects. He does the same math as the other kids, but he never had a problem staying on task during math time. He loves math. He doesn't have to do centers anymore either, which were a HUGE problem for him. Thank goodness the teacher realized what she could do to help him, and is implementing it so nicely for him. I hope it continues.

Comments on "Quick socks!"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Awesome news about Ben. How lucky you are to have a teacher willing to work with him and not just let him continue to be disenchanted and in trouble! Bless her, over and over again, with praise and small gifts of appreciation. And CLONE her!!!

Cute socks. I wear women's 7-11 if you have any leftover yarn, :)

 

Blogger Karen said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Cindy, I love that sock yarn. I've never heard of any such thing, but it looks great. And I would wear the same size as Chris! ;-)

I'm glad to hear that Ben's teacher is working with him. It's rare to find someone so willing, so you and he are especially blessed.

 

post a comment