• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A very very very nice day

This is going to be a pretty insipid post, even by my standards, but I just have to write all this down because I want to remember the gentle sense of contentment I feel right now.

Today started with hot homemade waffles. The kids ate up every bite. DH and I read the paper and sipped coffee, sharing stories we found in our respective papers (he had the Times and I had Newsday). After some quiet time doing our own activities--DH on the computer, me knitting, the kids on the other computer playing Webkinz--we headed out for the day. First, lunch at Wendy's and some fun games at the table. Then across the street for two games of bowling (I bowled the high score of the day with 153). Next we went to Home Depot to pick up some tarps to cover the roof where the leaks were on Friday, because we're supposed to have some rain and snow tonight. We also got some of that great kindling they carry. Finally, a stop at the grocery store for the things we need to have on hand in case the snow blocks us in for a day or two.

Once we got home and the groceries were put away, the kids went back to their computer games and DH and I got busy putting up the tarp. No one fell off the roof. While DH put the other tarp over our patio furniture, I did something that I've been wanting to do for two years now. I cleaned out half the garage so we can now park both cars inside! We've been waiting to get rid of all the baby furniture that's out there, but I know how badly DH wants to be able to park his car indoors in the winter so I made that happen for him. Then we had dinner and bathtime, and now it's almost time for the kids to go to sleep and DH and I to sit down together and watch our favorite show, The Amazing Race.

See, I told you it would be a pretty sillly post. But I think the combination of events just all worked together to give me a feeling of relaxation and accomplishment both. And I want to remember that on days when I feel like either I can't get anything done or I tried and didn't do enough. Today was a good day.

Comments on "A very very very nice day"

 

post a comment